Join the collective! Members of the collective:
- Review contributions to Ada: A Journal of Gender, New Media, and Technology and become members of the editorial board
- Deliberate about the topic areas for journal issues, as well as provide advice and feedback to designated editors for specific journal issues
- Nominate and vote on new members
- Provide feedback and advice about the blog and review process
- Serve as a resource for mentoring designated editors
- Serve, or be willing to serve, on the editorial board
- Participate in a network of over 500 feminist members.
Nominating Process: We encourage self-nominations. Members of the collective can also nominate new members.
All nominations should be submitted via the Collective Nomination Form.
Nominations are then shared with the Fembot listerv, followed by a seconding process. After the nomination receives a second, there is a one-week discussion period. If there is no discussion or objections, the nomination is approved; if there is no second, the nomination will be dropped. The managing editor of the Collective oversees nominations. New members receive invitations to the listserv.
Once you’re a member, you will be registered for the Fembot listserv. You will also be registered for the Ada review site, so that you can participate in the open peer review process.
Note: Members of the collective, Fembot Advisory Board, and other positions do not have to have PhDs and do not need to be faculty members. They can be feminist media artists, media producers, media critics, graduate students, undergraduates, and community members.